GLX apps and 8.15

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Jun 27 01:46:48 EDT 2017

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 11:39 PM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode <

> Yes something _has_ changed.
>
> https://github.com/livecode/livecode/pull/5456
>
> The issue is really in GLX and can be fixed two ways:
>
> Code your stack to handle all the GLX managed window messages or change
> the GLX ThrowError front script handler to something like this:
>
> private command ThrowError pError
>     ## used to throw errors that are not the result of ViewInitialize,
> viewOpen, etc. not being in the message path
>     if pError is empty or \
>          (item 1 of line 1 of pError is 573 and \
>          (the number of lines of pError is 1 or \
>          (the number of lines of pError is 2 and \
>          item 1 of line 2 of pError is 241))) then
>        exit ThrowError
>    end if
>    throw pError
> end ThrowError
>
> There’s probably more robust patches involving checking the handler name
> in item 4 of line 1 of the error string against the handler that was sent
> and not handled but the above should at least get people out of hot water.

I think another solution would be to change all instances of `send` in the
glxappManagedEngineMessages frontscript to use `dispatch` instead. That way
no error will be throw if the handler isn't declared. For example, this
(around line 138):

```
try
    send "PreOpenView" && window_isCardInit() to the target
  catch e
    ThrowError e
  end TRY
```

can be changed to this:

```
   dispatch "PreOpenView" to the target with window_isCardInit()
```

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps