synonyms

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Mon Jun 26 16:43:04 EDT 2017

On 06/26/2017 01:29 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:

> Consider Python, the world's fourth-most-popular language, and perhaps
> the leading language for introducing newcomers to programming.
>
> Among the core principles of Python's language design is:
>
> "There should be one-- and preferably only one --obvious way to do it."
> - Guido van Rossum
> <http://python-history.blogspot.com/2009/01/pythons-design-philosophy.html>

I consider Guido one of the deep thinkers of language design.
Nonetheless, python has many pitfalls for developers. There's a
wonderful little O'Reilly pamphlet by Mike Pirnat entitled "How to Make
Mistakes in Python". IMNSHO LiveCode has more to offer newcomers due in
no small part to the approachability of the language.

http://www.oreilly.com/programming/free/how-to-make-mistakes-in-python.csp

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com