synonyms

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jun 26 16:59:25 EDT 2017

<http://python-history.blogspot.com/2009/01/pythons-design-philosophy.html>

 > I consider Guido one of the deep thinkers of language design.
 > Nonetheless, python has many pitfalls for developers. There's a
 > wonderful little O'Reilly pamphlet by Mike Pirnat entitled "How to
 > Make Mistakes in Python".

You can't make mistakes in LiveCode? :)

I manage to do it all the time.

At least with Python you need a book to explain how to make mistakes. :)

 > IMNSHO LiveCode has more to offer newcomers due in
 > no small part to the approachability of the language.

I agree, yet here we are: Python has remained in the top 5 on the TIOBE
Index as far back as I can recall, and during the time LiveCode has only
occasionally appeared in the bottom 50 at all.

I was recently turned down on a grant-funded project to make a system
for teaching programming fundamentals using LiveCode, in favor of a
project they approved based on Python.

No language is perfect; all have their warts.  And LiveCode is pretty great.

But we need to find some way to reach the tipping point of at least
bring on the TIOBE Index consistently at all.

And I don't think synonyms, or lack thereof, are going to make that
difference.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems