How do we access the clipboard on mobile devices?

hlowe hlowe at me.com
Sun Jun 25 11:28:28 EDT 2017

iOS native text fields (and I presume other native mobile text fields)
support manual copy and paste actions - the user has to manually select the
text and then initiate the action. I don't know of any way to
programatically copy and paste to/from the iOS clipboard nor to access the
data on the clipboard. Perhaps I am missing something?

In Objective C this appears to be relatively straight forward:

UIPasteboard *pasteboard = [UIPasteboard generalPasteboard];
pasteboard.string = @"some text to be pasted";

Is there is a reason why basic mobile clipboard support was never
implemented in LiveCode?

It would be very nice to be able to get and set the rawClipboardData on
mobile but that is only possible on the desktop.

Henry