Feature Race: Pick Your Project

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Jun 24 13:41:44 EDT 2017

So the Feature Race lets me choose between "Hosting debugger" and
Datagrid 2.

Hmpphhh!

<puts on Grumpy Old Man t-shirt ...>

I have a hard time voting for, or funding, Hosting debugger. I already
paid for that, back in 2009. It was a feature described in, and mostly
present in, the first release of on-rev. It was a significant part of my
decision to buy a Founder's (lifetime) License for on-rev - I thought
(and till do think) that remote debugging for web server is a killer
feature, and pretty much a unique feature - afaik no other server
language offers the equivalent. So I would like to see it happen, and
think it wold be a good selling point feature for Livecode.

But I have a hard time paying more for it when I already did pay. Not
only that, I paid for lifetime usage of it - and now I have the chance
to fund it happening, AND then pay $99 per year to use it.

<ok - GoM t-shirt can come off again>

Alex.