clipsToRect property (was Re: Instantiaing Grouped Controls - Templates - Responsive)

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Jun 14 19:34:48 EDT 2017

On Jun 14, 2017, at 9:21 AM, Devin Asay via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com<mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

As one who teaches newbies LiveCode, I am a proponent of property labels that are both succinct and descriptive, while not straying too far from the actual property name. There are obvious exceptions (destroyStack, anyone?). But in this case, maybe something like:

Clip child controls to rect

Strikes a good balance between similarity to the property name and giving a better idea of what the property does.

I went with Clip child controls to rect.

Join the discussion on the Pull Request on Github if you think it needs massaging.

https://github.com/livecode/livecode-ide/pull/1632

Devin

Devin Asay
Director