Web vs Native (was Re: HTML5 limitations?)

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Wed Jul 26 12:56:20 EDT 2017

> JLG wrote:
> In my case, the app is courseware and students are complaining they want it
> to work on their mobile devices. Some don't have laptops and don't want to
> use the computer lab. The options are to create mobile apps or alternately
> run it in the mobile browser.

There is currently really no chance to have it running with HTML5 standalones.
Compared to 8.0 minimum file sizes (i.e. standalone.js and standalone.html.mem)
in 9.0 have increased in sum by a factor of 2 from 27 MByte to 55 MByte.
Stacks/resources will add to that. (You need 9.0 if you wish to use javascript.)
Even simple clocks with very basic animations have big problems to run in mobile
browsers.