file suffix isn't connected to the right standard program

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Jul 26 09:03:06 EDT 2017

Hello,

I have mp4 videos stored in custom properties. Before playing them I do:

put the mystoredVideo of stack myStack into URL "binfile:myPath\myVideo.mp4"

After the file is created and assigned to the player and the player is
started, nothing happens on Mac (on Windows everything works fine). Looking
at the file, strange to say, BBEdit is connected to these files as the
standard program. All other ".mp4" files on my Mac are connected to the
QuicktimePlayer. How can two files with the same suffix being assigned to
two different programs?

I manually changed the information "open with" to "QuickTime Player" and did
"change all", but the icon of every newly created videos file keeps "BBEdit"
and they still don't want to be played in LC.

What connects my files to BBEdit? Can I do anything more as putting the
video video into URL as binfile? and why don't they play in my LC
VideoPlayer?

Any ideas?

Tiemo