Bug 20117: new rc2 sets a backdrop, and preferences for same

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Wed Jul 19 15:36:20 EDT 2017

On 07/18/2017 10:59 PM, Ali Lloyd via use-livecode wrote:
> Do your keyboard shortcuts work Mark? You could use Ctrl+M to pop open the
> message box, and set the backdrop to none, then toggle it on and off via
> the View menu, then hopefully it should be gone from your preferences.

Interesting. That didn't work for me, but the following did:

launch LC9
get a completely gray screen
alt-tab my way to LiveCode
now the menubar and other palettes are in front of the backdrop
disable the backdrop to set the preference

so everything's there, it's just that the backdrop is in front of all
other windows and it's not passing (keyboard) events through.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com