Bug 20117: new rc2 sets a backdrop, and preferences for same

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 12:15:24 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 8:55 PM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode <

>  Looking at the PR it was meant to only set the backdrop if users were
> still in the first run mode of the start center.

Uhm . . . why would anyone think that that would be a *good* thing?   I
react to my screen being seized as a hostile act.

I didn't even realize that it was livecode that had attached me; initially
I assumed an OS glitch.

When I saw that my desktop came back when I switched applications, and was
seized again when livecode resumed, I tried preferences, and didn't see
anything.

Eventually. I tried view, and found a "backdrop" setting set, and turned
that off.

I had never heard of backdrop before, and would have had no idea to try to
deal with it in the message box.

Also, *every* time rc2 launches, it r4ets this preference.

I find the notion that new users need the computer taken away from them
rather condescending . . .

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462