[ANN] Release 8.1.6 RC-2

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Tue Jul 18 13:53:09 EDT 2017

On 2017-07-18 19:08, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:
> This should be fun, and in the light of "taking community feedback
> into consideration" we should all 'jump on'
> anything we don't like with alternative (constructive) suggestions as
> soon as possible.

Alternative *concrete* suggestions are *always* helpful. (Just saying -
'I don't like it' or variants there-of somewhat less so ;)).

After all, it is hard to find the 'best' way when there is only one
*effective* option on the table.

Of course, the ideal situation is that we always find a way for
everybody to have their cake *and* eat it :)

At present, this does seem largely possible by 'adding a preference'...

Why do I get the feeling we might be having to do a vigorous 'moomin'*
on how prefs are handled in the IDE at some point soon...

Warmest Regards,

* For those that haven't encountered this before - we aren't allowed to
use R*F*CT*R, as it brings Kevin out in hives... Thus we use 'moomin'
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moomin) instead as they are entirely
inoffensive characters (on the whole, at least).

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps