[ANN] Release 8.1.6 RC-2

panagiotis merakos panos.merakos at livecode.com
Tue Jul 18 12:30:45 EDT 2017

Dear list members,

We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.1.6 RC-2.

Getting the Release
===================
You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
the automatic updater.

Release Contents
================

LiveCode 8.1.6 RC-2 contains 14 bugfixes and improvements. Since the last
stable version (8.1.5), more than 40 bugs have been fixed.

After taking community feedback into consideration we have made the
following improvements to the default handlers feature (added in LiveCode
8.1.6 RC-1):

Default Handlers: Make text of default handlers grey to emphasise they do
not yet exist
Default Handlers: Increase space between default handlers and extant ones
Default Handlers: If default handler name begins with P, ensure its first
char is not removed
Default Handlers: Add SE preference
Default Handlers: Ensure the params of a default handler are not LC
reserved words

Moreover, we have added 2 new interactive tutorials. You can access them
from the Start Center.

The full release notes are available from:
http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/8_1_6/LiveCodeNotes-8_1_6_rc_2.pdf

Feedback
========
Please report any bugs encountered on our BugZilla at
http://quality.livecode.com/

Have fun!
The LiveCode Team