Set the tooltip of a datagrid

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Jul 12 16:36:42 EDT 2017

Well I just discovered an amazing thing. You can get the dgData of a CONTROL of a datagrid and it still returns the data. For instance if you know that the dgLine you want is 3 and the control name is siteid 0003, you can

put the dgDataOfLine [3] of field "siteid 0003" into aData

and you will get the array for that line! It appears you can do that for ANY control in a datagrid! Why is this important?? Because if all I know is the name of the target (in this case a field in a datagrid) I can at least get the line number it belongs to, but how do I then discern the name of the datagrid it belongs to in order to get the dgDataOfLine?? Turns out that because of this you do not need to!

You might think getting the owner of the control would do it, but you at least have to get the owner of the owner, and for some datagrids there are two other groups that are parent owners of THAT group before you get to the actual datagrid group. It just all depends.

All irrelevant because the syntax above works a peach!

Bob S