Native Livecode Pinch and Zoom

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jul 12 12:39:44 EDT 2017

Should we also consider adding aomething like a "zoomable" property for
images?

Sure, we can do it in script, but it's non-trivial and most get it
wrong, e.g.:
<http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4069/l/11509-how-do-i-implement-a-multi-touch-pinch-motion>

..where the zoom is based around the centerpoint of the image rather
than the touch location.  That makes it impossible to zoom in to see
details in a corner of an image, for example.

There are improved versions in the forums, but given the widespread use
of pinch-to-zoom and and efforts underway to expand the user base to
better meet new user expectations, would it be possible to turn that
work into a property setting?

Interactive wipe transitions would also be valuable, arguably more so,
but I recognize that's a more complicated matter and I'm already
straying OT here....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems