Native Livecode Pinch and Zoom

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Wed Jul 12 11:55:12 EDT 2017

Hi Ralph,

On 2017-07-12 17:41, Ralph DiMola via use-livecode wrote:
> I get pinch-and-zoom on both mobile platforms using the mobile browser
> control. My html expert has had to tweak a couple of html pages now
> and again to make it work. Other on-line pages don’t pinch-and-zoom
> but they also don’t pinch-and-zoom in Safari/Chrome either. I tried
> the browser widget and it is nice that you can use it in the IDE and
> Mobile but backed it out because the browser widget is missing
> "canretreat" property and "retreat" command.

Could you file a bug about this? (And any differences in parity between
widget and mobileControl, for that matter!).

IIRC we added:

   go forward in widget ...

To navigate forward / back (so the retreat command is at least catered
for I think). There's also:

   do ... in widget ... (although this was a horrendous mistake
syntactically which we are now realizing!)
   launch url ... in widget ...

If you put 'widget' into the LiveCodeScript section of the dictionary
then you'll see the widget specific tailorings of normal LiveCode Script
syntax.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps