[ANN] Release 8.1.6 RC-1

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Wed Jul 12 10:26:18 EDT 2017

I had almost the same sense as Mark on this. Distracting at first, but no really in the

And since we are look at usability of the script editor and add ons I would LOVE to have the ability to show "sections" in my scripts

I think it was years ago, or maybe even nowin GLX? anyway, Jerry Daniels had that, where some kind of convention at the beginning of a comment, would cause it to appear on the left panel list.

I often use things like this in my comments

#########  GRAPHIC EFFECTS ###########

It would really help me if we could see this in the left.   Exactly what to notation should be, probably needs thought.

Another simpler convention would be wherever

*/  SHOW THE FIRST LINE OF THIS COMMENT

Or if people use that to comment out whole blocks then we need a new convention.  like perhaps like this which I know some use:

--> SCRIPT SECTION

If we like this, and can agree on a convention,  I will file an official enhancement request.

I suppose that preference could even be added to  the script editor which would allow something like

Show Script Sections __ [check] beginning with ______ [we enter the chars we want to use to show the first line of that comment]

i.e.  user configurable (since opinions will be all over the place on what to use)

BR