debugging a CEF browser instance

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Jul 7 08:25:35 EDT 2017

Hi Bernard,

On 2017-07-07 14:02, Bernard Devlin via use-livecode wrote:
> This makes it very clear that the problem relates to the way that LC is
> embedding the CEF browser. This is also confirmed by the fact the page
> will
> not load in LC browser widget on OS X.  Is there any way of debugging
> the
> browser that is embedded in OS X? If not I'll have to put this project
> on
> hold without any way to debug any browser instance.

Mac does not use CEF - it uses the system WebView (which is Safari).

The fact it doesn't work in either Mac's WebView of CEF may suggest that
the webpage
is doing something which is 'not allowed' by default - they are both
WebKit based
browsers, so it makes sense that if that is the case it would not work
in either.

What is the webpage which is not working? If you file a bug report with
the details
we can look into it - that might be slightly quicker than getting
debugging/logging
configurable in (at least) the CEF browser.

Warmest Regards,

Mark

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps