[OT] Renewing Apple Developer ID Installer Certificate

Colin Holgate colinholgate at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 16:06:07 EDT 2017

I would think that it’s the same as with iOS. When you go back to https://developer.apple.com/account/mac/certificate/ <https://developer.apple.com/account/mac/certificate/> after renewing your subscription it will most likely have an expired certificate. You make a new one, then go to the provisioning profile for your app, it should show as expired. Edit it and re-select the certificate, picking the new one.

If the current certificate is still valid for a while you can still edit the provisioning profile to give it a fresh start.

If you edit a provisioning profile file you should find an ExpirationDate entry that gives the date it will expire.