[OT] Renewing Apple Developer ID Installer Certificate

Marty Knapp martyknappster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 15:23:05 EDT 2017

I sell and distribute Mac apps from my own website and have the Apple
Developer ID Application Certificate and the Developer ID Installer
Certificate. I've been notified that they will both expire in a couple
of days.

According to the Apple web site, if the Developer ID Installer
Certificate expires, users will *not* be able to install any
applications signed with the certificate. (an expired Developer ID
Application Certificate is not a problem for existing installers).

What I can't seem to find are instructions on *renewing* the
certificate. I found one article that said I needed to revoke the old
one and then create a new one. That makes me a little nervous. Obviously
I don't want to screw this up and have customers going crazy, while I'm
frantically trying to figure out what to do.

You would think that Apple would have an easy Steps 1-2-3 to renew, but
I sure can't find them. Anyone done this recently? Should I revoke the
old one or wait till it expires?

Thanks for any help,
Marty