Mobile Check Bandwidth Function

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jul 3 12:35:34 EDT 2017

Bob Sneidar wrote:

 >> On Jul 3, 2017, at 07:48 , Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >>
 >> I could have sworn there was a message named something like
 >> networkConnetionChanged or mobileNetworkChanged or
 >> mobileNetworkInterfaceChanged or whatever, but searching through
 >> the Dictionary for every part of that I can think of turned up
 >> nothing.
 >>
 >> Was I imagining this? If not, what is it's actual name, and would
 >> be useful here?
 >
 > reachabilityChanged (for iOS only???)

Thanks.

"reachability"?  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?  I'd love to hear the backstory
on that name choice.  It has the scent of things like "srcBic", adopted
from the arbitrary choices of neckbeards who define OS APIs.  Maybe
there's an API for iOS called NSReachabilityChanged.

If nothing else it's perhaps the most truly English-like token in the
language, steeped as it is in vague ambiguity just like so much in
natural languages. ;)

And iOS only?  What do we do for the other 80% of the world?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems