Browser Widget/HTML5/LC Integration

BNig bernd.niggemann at uni-wh.de
Sun Jan 29 16:41:12 EST 2017

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:

 > OK, one more SVG example (I believe that's what you were asking for)
 >
 > now you have three
 >
 > http://wiki.hindu.org/uploads/floor-plan.svg # not responsive, but
 > could be
 >
 > http://wiki.hindu.org/uploads/SivaSivaDiagram.svg
 >    # not responsive, but could be (though that's not wanted in this
 > scenario
 >    # imagine a "map world" you could explore…so it stays full size,
 > user zooms in and out and swipes
 >
 > http://www.himalayanacademy.com/assets/img/khm-logo-full-horizontal.svg

Do those render in LC's SVG widget?

 > So is SKIA in LC's future?

Skia replaced LC's older graphics subsystem many versions ago (5.x?).
They did such a good job that most folks never noticed.  But where you
see new capabilities like the SVG widget, those are among the many
upsides of having switched to this popular graphics system.

--
  Richard Gaskin

Peter Thirkell posted a -lcb file that has to be compiled using the
Extension Builder that he uses to display simple color SVGs. No gradients
and no advanced features of SVG.
http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=27811&p=150208#p150208
He parses svg export from Affinity Designer.

That said I scraped two of the above mentioned SVGs, after exporting them
from Affinity Designer I was able to feed the logo to Peter's hacked SVG
Color widget and it displayed fully. Rescalable and everything.

The floor plan lost the annotational text and some fills (because of
gradients) but otherwise rendered ok.

I did not attempt to use the SivaSivaDiagramm because the source code was
full of things Peter's widget can not display.

I recommend anybody interested in widgets to look at Peter's .lcb file and
especially appreciate his parsing handlers.

That all said what the svg widget is lacking is a more advanced svg parser
beyond black and white and transparency. Mark Waddingham had started on
implementing an open source parser but apparently Infinite Livecode kept him
from finishing it yet.
https://github.com/livecode/livecode/pull/3089

Kind regards
Bernd