side effect on mac with LC

Tore Nilsen tore.nilsen at me.com
Tue Jan 17 18:14:23 EST 2017

What you can do is the following:

When the user pushes down you register the horisontal position of the pointer and store this position for later use. This can be stored in a variabel or a custom property like this:

global gStartH

on mouseDown

put the mouseH into gStartH

end mouseDown

//You then control whether the pointer has been moved or not in a mouseUp handler, decide how far it should move before you slide

on mouseUp

if the mouseH > (gStartH + 100) then //has moved more than 100 pixels

lock screen for visual effect

go next card

unlock screen with visual effect push right fast

end if

if the mouseH < (gStartH-100) then //has moved more than 100 pixels

lock screen for visual effect

go previous card

unlock screen with visual effect push left fast

end if

end mouseUp

If you like you can check while the mouse is moving with the following script (in stead of mouseUp):

on mouseMove

if the mouse is down and the mouseH > (gStartH + 100) then //has moved more than 100 pixels

lock screen for visual effect

go next card

unlock screen with visual effect push right fast

end if

if the mouse is down and the mouseH < (gStart -100) then //has moved more than 100 pixels

lock screen for visual effect

go previous card

unlock screen with visual effect push left fast

end if

end mouseMove

If you put this script in the stack, you need to make sure that the card or other objects do not trap the mouse messages.

Regards
Tore Nilsen