Codesigning issue with revxml.bundle in LC 8

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Thu Jan 5 06:52:48 EST 2017

Hi Tiemo,

> On MacOS Sierra I am just trying to codesign a new version with LC
> 8.1.2 of
> an old program, which I have codesigned successfully in the past.
>
> I do the codesigning manually via terminal like: codesign -s
> "myCertificateName" --deep --force myApp
>
> Today I get the error "resource forke, Finder information, or similar
> detritus not allowed In subcomponent: revxml.bundle" What does it want
> me to
> do?

I think this is this problem:

<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39652867/code-sign-error-in-macos-sierra-xcode-8-resource-fork-finder-information-or>

Try doing:

   xattr -cr myApp

Before running codesign and see if it works. This command should clear
out any extended attributes on all files in your app bundle.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps