PUT method where is returned data?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Feb 10 10:43:47 EST 2017

Trevor DeVore wrote:

 > The urlresponse has been around for a number of years. It was added
 > so that you can get the response sent back from the server for url
 > calls. It doesn’t affect how it behaves in any way. Prior to adding
 > the urlresponse one couldn’t get the server response for PUT … into
 > URL tURL or DELETE URL tURL calls. It’s been so long I don’t recall
 > the exact reasons why ‘it’ wasn’t used but I much prefer reading
 > ’the urlresopnse’ in my code than dealing with ‘it’ which is
 > meaningless until put into another variable.

Thank you, Trevor.  With that explanation I can rest easy, since my
older code only uses GET and POST.

So to summarize, please let me know if any of the following is incorrect:

Both "it" and "urlResponse" can be used to get return values from:
GET
POST

"urlResonse" can be used to get return values from:
GET
POST
PUT
DELETE