Difference between "html" and "htmlText" in clipboardData?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Feb 2 14:34:20 EST 2017

Earlier this morning I wrote in reply to Mark Waddingham:

 > My question arose because a forum user found an interesting
 > workaround for making backgroundColor in text pastable into other
 > applications - this post gets to the meat (the thread as a whole
 > is long):
 > <http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28531&start=30#p150801>

...and included some queries about the differences between clipboardData
and fullClipboardData.

Mark, no need to reply:

I always recommend to newcomers that they take a little time to explore
new features to get a feel for how they work.  After all, nothing beats
hands-on experience for learning.

So I ate my own haggis and made a sample stack, with notes, that I just
posted in that forum thread:
<http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28531&p=150837#p150837>

Thanks again, Mark, for the reminder about fullClipboardData.  It's not
only very useful for things I'm working on, but also provides a
super-simple solution for the OP in that thread.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems