Re: can´t save Standalone

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 12:51:57 EST 2017

Since you already have checked the box to move substacks to separate files,
chances are that it is either a ) Saving the file as a name that is
different than the one you are using in your "open stack ..." command, or b
) its looking in the wrong place.  when you build the standalone, you can
look in the app package and visually check to see how it is being named
(right click the .app, view package contents.)  Or of course you can add a
field to your app and add code to the splash stack that will -- put the
files into field "whateverfieldyouadded" and it will tell you what files
are available in the location that the defaultfolder is set to. (you could
also have it -- answer the defaultfolder to see where its looking for files.
Of the 2 options, a or b, my guess would be A unless livecode has change
the location where it places the separated out stackfiles. (which would be
option b..)  you can poke around in the app package file and determine what
the name of the stack file is, and where its located and then adjust your
code from there.

On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 10:10 AM, Hillen Richard via use-livecode <