Livecode Content Management System

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 10:23:03 EST 2017

While not exactly a CMS, I used LC as a paypal button code generator
(encrypted buttons using openssl as the basis.)  My little program
generates a complete paypal button for each item and stores it in an sqlite
database.  It also takes an image drop and generates 2 sizes for the
gallery I use.  A basic page template was hand created for each category.
This made things easy enough for my friend to maintain the items catalog,
and adjust the website on her own with little intervention from me.  A new
page is as simple as copying an old one, changing a little bit of text, and
adjusting the category number used for pulling items from the database.

This is why I love lc.  Even _I_ can make useful things for myself and
others.

In this particular case, theres the added benefit that they can do most of
their work on a local machine and limit time spent waiting on their horrid
connection.. Make adjustments till happy, upload any new/changed images --
using a simple sync program -- upload the adjusted sqlite file and voila'
done.

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 7:50 AM, Andre Garzia via use-livecode <