Bad Crash on Attempt to Group Radio Buttons

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Aug 28 11:56:47 EDT 2017

Monte Goulding wrote:

 > I have used cantSelect before to stop selection of a background image
 > that has lots of objects on top. It means you can drag select them and
 > won’t accidentally click-drag and move your background.

How?

As designed, what we call "cantSelect" works like "alwaysBrowse", and
both as documented as in practice it seems to do exactly that, which
prevents drag-selecting across any object that has cantSelect set to
true in order to attempt to select other objects which may be on top of it.

Is there some combination of properties that turn the alwaysBrowse
behavior into a true cantSelect?

It would be very desirable to have such a thing, since we could then
make things like a page-size graphic as a background for a drawing
region, and drag-select across it.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems