Bad Crash on Attempt to Group Radio Buttons

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Sun Aug 27 20:31:07 EDT 2017

On 08/27/2017 04:49 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
> Mark Wieder wrote:
>> On 08/27/2017 01:42 PM, Marty Knapp via use-livecode wrote:
>>> I use this feature extensively in an app where there is card that has
>>> objects that users can select to change properties (line width, color,
>>> font, etc) and at the top of the window is a toolbar with font menu,
>>> etc. I don't want the user to be able to select the toolbar controls and
>>> accidentally delete them or alter them, so I use the cantSelect property
>>> on those.
>>
>> So you put the user in development mode? Sounds dangerous.
>
> Drawing != development.

Maybe I'm only partially understanding this then. My take on this is
that the cantSelect property really only comes into play when the edit
tool (or whatever it's called these days if it's not development) is
active. So you have full edit capability, and that goes beyond just
drawing or moving objects around on the screen.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com