Sending a message to users that floats above everything

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Aug 23 17:55:20 EDT 2017

J. Landman Gay wrote:

 > On 8/23/17 4:19 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
 >> But here I just did a Google search - this was the first one I found:
 >>
 >>     Get root on an OS X 10.10 Mac: The exploit is so trivial it fits
 >>     in a tweet; If you want it fixed, upgrade to the El Capitan beta
 >> <https://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/07/22/os_x_root_hole/>
 >
 > This one was spotted on Aug. 2 this year:
 >
 > https://packetstormsecurity.com/files/os/osx/

Thanks.  Yeah, all non-trivial software has vulnerabilities.  The
important thing is that customers remain aware of that to help mitigate
risks.

Given that most exploits start with an avoidable user action, it would
be dangerous for an OS vendor to tell customers they don't have to worry
about security. ;)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems