Sending a message to users that floats above everything

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Aug 22 18:55:18 EDT 2017

Bob Sneidar wrote:

 > I suppose it depends on what your priorities are. If I could be
 > virtually guaranteed that going to a web site wouldn't hijack my
 > computer, and there were alternatives to having a native file system
 > so that it wasn't nearly so important (the iOS does have a file system
 > it's just sandboxed heavily) and there were apps that would do
 > virtually everything I could commonly do on another OS, I might be
 > tempted to take the hit.

Ultimately everything is hackable.

<https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-49/product_id-2935/Apple-Safari.html>

<https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-49/product_id-15556/Apple-Iphone-Os.html>

Attempts on Android are high, but actual exploits in the wild much
smaller, and mostly limited to Asian markets:

Out of the box, iOS and Android are both pretty secure, nearly on par
and both safer than just about any desktop OS, even macOS.  It's the
Chinese knock-offs who ship "Android-compatible" systems without
Google's protections where things tend to go wrong.  Same with
jailbroken iPhones.

Don't go out of your way to thwart built-in security, don't click links
or attachments in strange emails, and don't visit strange web sites, and
your odds of having your device infected, even a Windows PC, are pretty low.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems