Sending a message to users that floats above everything

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon Aug 21 08:24:08 EDT 2017

On 2017-08-21 03:53, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode wrote:
> I have been using "answer", "ask", and the mobile picker because they
> appear on top. However, these system dialogs are not always pretty,
> especially on Android. Is there another option? I tried using a
> browser widget, but that does not always layer on top of another
> browser widget, even if the layer in the widget is a higher number.

The layering of widgets which have a native layer (of which the browser
widget is one) *should* reflect the layer number. e.g.

    layer 1 - field (lc)
    layer 2 - browser 1 (native layer)
    layer 3 - button (lc)
    layer 4 - browser 2 (native layer)

should be reflected as:

    field (bottom)
    button
    browser 1
    browser 2 (top)

So if this isn't the case, then it deserves a bug report :)

Of course, browser views on android/iOS might be 'special' and causing
the problem themselves but assuming that isn't the case, it should work
as you described...

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps