Applescript Fails in Standalone on Mac Built with 8.1.6

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Aug 18 01:03:15 EDT 2017

OK got bit again by this one

We do a lot of of in-house production tools that require our big server on the LAN to be mounted.

For years I just kept a custom prop in these stacks

uMountServer

tell application "Finder"
mount volume "afp://###ServerIP###/###Volume###" as user name "###ServerUser###" with password "###ServerPassword###"
end tell

different stacks will prompt users for IP, USER, PWD  or in some cases I will hard wire these  into the startup script.

This *always* works in my old apps that were made with "only Gawd knows what old version of LC <7" standalones made long time ago.

but now, in 8.1.6  I can set this up in the IDE, the serve ron the LAN mounts as expected, but when I make a standalone, it fails.

I'm looking through all the inclusions and I don't see any external that I need to check for execution of

do tScript as Applescript

this, which, as said, works find in the IDE

(actuall log in creds replaced here for security)

on mountServer
if not (there is a folder (the uServerPath of this stack)) then
-- set the itemdel to "/"
-- put item 3 of the uServerPath of this stack into tVolume
ShowStatusMsg ("Mounting Server..."), true
put the uMountServer of this stack into tScript
replace "###ServerIP###" with (the uServerIP of this stack) in tScript
replace "###Volume###" with "-------" in tScript
replace "###ServerUser###" with "--------" in tScript
replace "###ServerPassword###" with "-------" in tScript
# put tScript   -- check to see that we are getting the right login set up …
do tScript as applescript
end if
end mountServer