Mobile LC Apps Downloading Stacks After installation

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Sat Aug 12 08:51:52 EDT 2017

That sounds like the best approach.

Whilst it might seem 'annoying' to not use code in download files, I think LiveCode still makes it easier to not have to.

It is just that you have to work a little bit harder to separate content from code - and parameterise the parts (using data) which you might have written directly in code if there wasn't such a restriction.

Of course, as Richard points out, there are still areas where 'executable code' has to be allowed (expressions in spreadsheets are code after all - although admittedly side-effect free in some sense which *might* be the start of a line to draw) - however I think it wise to restrict those to things which are created by the user in their documents - and make sure they are heavily sandboxed / only allow very specific actions in line with the purpose the app.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

Sent from my iPhone