Subject: Re: Local File in Browser Widget on Android - Fail

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Fri Aug 11 10:44:02 EDT 2017

Sannyasin,

Thank you for the reply!   I have discovered that it’s not the local path the is the issue.  If I do this, I see “123” in the browser:

   put “123” into url ("file:" & specialFolderPath("documents") & "/map.html")
   set the url of widget "Browser1" to ("file:" & specialFolderPath("documents") & "/map.html")

However, the html document I am trying to load references images that were included in the app. These images are here: specialFolderPath("engine").  Note that a “there is a file” test proves the existence of the file.

So, here’s what I do, I load the html template from a custom property.  In my html document, I have this:

   historicalOverlay = new google.maps.GroundOverlay('<LOCALINCLUDEDPATH>/MapFinal.png',imageBounds);

I then insert the local path:

   replace "<LOCALINCLUDEDPATH>" with specialFolderPath("engine") in mapFile

Then I save the file to disk and load it into the browser widget.  On my mac and iOS it works famously.  On Android, I just get a broken image icon.

Do I have to alter the local image path somehow?

Again, thank you for the response and assistance!

-Dan