Bug 20255 - Simple Loop Labeling

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Aug 11 09:02:40 EDT 2017

On 2017-08-11 14:56, Lagi Pittas via use-livecode wrote:
> I thought you didn't agree with USING next repeat as a structured way
> of
> programming - Reading and understanding before my Brain was in gear.

Sorry - I should have made that more clear - 'next repeat' and 'exit
repeat' are definitely immeasurably better than GOTO or hand-coded
bools.

Just to clarify - I meant 'harmful with respect analyses the compiler
might want to do in the future' when not tied to the directly enclosing
loop. I answered my own question by responding to you though - it is
almost the same transform required as for 'exit repeat' :)

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps