math, bigly

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Tue Aug 8 21:38:52 EDT 2017

Phooey...

put baseconvert("100000001",16,10)

...and yes, I understand what's going on under the hood, but I'm annoyed
that the IDE doesn't give me an overflow warning if I try to perform an
operation on a number that's bigger than 0xFFFFFFFF. Instead, it just
happily trims it down to an unsigned integer and proceeds to give me a
wrong result. I came across this yesterday handing two large numbers to
the bitXor operand which threw no errors and went on with the rest of
the calculation. I had to backtrack to figure out what was going on, and
finally ended up writing my own bitwise operators to deal with this.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com