Downloads - Immodest Proposal

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Apr 13 18:17:21 EDT 2017

Richmond wrote:

 > On 4/13/17 7:44 pm, Curry Kenworthy via use-livecode wrote:
 >> to have no download links at all on the site. Have you seen the LC
 >> site lately? I could find no download links at all. None. There's
 >> the signup but it's a pretty roundabout process.
 >
 > I raised it, Richard Gaskin agreed; what happens; sweet Football
 > Association.

My comments on the value of allowing voluntary email address submission
were limited to the Community Edition at the .org site - see the second
half of this post for what I wrote on the subject:

http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2017-March/235290.html

How they handle email address harvesting at the .com site for the
proprietary edition is, literally, their business.

I usually direct questions I have about their business to them directly,
rather than to other users here, because I don't expect the users here
to answer questions only the company can answer.

For the Community .org site, however, I feel it can be most effective in
terms of both promoting platform adoption and reducing cost to the
company to the degree that it actively invites community participation.

That is a set of goals I'm still pursuing.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  LiveCode Community Liaison
  richard at livecode.org