How to stop LoveCode running in Edit mode

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at me.com
Sat Sep 24 12:45:25 EDT 2016

Thanks for the response Kay. Unfortunately the problem persists in 8.1.0 on OSX & Windows, but luckily I could rework my project into a stack that would open on 7.1.4, so it’s not a show-stopper.

There’s nothing special about the stacks that misbehave for me on LiveCode 8.1.0 - right-clicking buttons in Browser/Edit mode that just have simple mouseUp handlers exhibit regular Pointer/Run mode behaviour instead of (not even in addition to) expected edit behaviour. It’s as if the mode switch is ignored by the IDE - even saved stacks opened in edit mode behave as if the IDE is switched to Run. I’ve had this on the IDE native on OSX and on my Windows 10 Parallels VM, so have had to revert to 7.1.4.

So, given the lack of reports/responses from others concerning this problem it might be something on my environment and/or something slipping into new stacks I create. I’ll see what 8.1.1 brings and if the behaviour persists, I’ll share a problematic stack, to see if it’s something being baked into new stacks by my IDE. Maybe I’ve a plist issue from many previous versions of LiveCode & Rev on these machines and need to do a proper clean installation.

Best,
Keith..