Best way to extend IDE (toolbar)?

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Mon Sep 12 09:19:13 EDT 2016

Sorry!  .livecodescript is the suffix
I'm don't know where script-only stacks are documented, other than in
conversations, here, but there are plenty of them in the LC bundle.  For
example, look in Contents->Tools->Toolset->Libraries, or
Contents->Tools->Toolset->Palettes->Script Editor->Behaviors.  It just
looks like a regular LC script.
You could also build this as a widget in LC8.  The syntax for
liveCodeBuilder is a different, but I hear a vicious rumor that there is an
LCB class that is extensive, mostly done, has been tried out on a few
people, and is being actively tweaked to prepare it for release.
What I meant by an IDE Extension was a stack that you build in LC and stick
in My LiveCode->Extensions or My LiveCode->Plugins, and then tell LC to run
at startup in the Development->Plugins->Plugin settings menu