Debugger forgetting soft breakpoints

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 11:30:36 EDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 9:27 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
wrote:

> What I usually do is put a breakpoint dot on the line right below the one
> that doesn't trigger so it will break immediately afterward.

I've generally rested to surrounding breakpoints with if, as the
conditional rarely triggers on a pcd.

I've also found that pcd rarely trigger unless the script in which they
occur have actually been in the tab open for editing, and possibly need an
action taken (clicking is enough).  A pcd whose script was opened for
editing by another script and has never been "visited" will *never* trigger.

Even an explicit breakpoint will not trigger if no "idea" has been hit, so
when I need to debug startup code, it's

answer "stopping";breakpoint

as without the "answer", it blows right past.

Like the Pirate Code, the IDE sees breakpoints of any sort as merely
advisory, rather than binding, thus "pirate code dots'"
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462