Debugger forgetting soft breakpoints

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Wed Sep 7 05:20:24 EDT 2016

On 07/09/2016 00:35, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> I hesitate to submit a bug report when I cannot reliably reproduce the problem. Again, the app this occurs in has database dependencies, logins etc which would prevent you from seeing the actual problem because you could not get that far. I attempted to make a simple stack to demonstrate it, but the problem won't occur then.
>
> That is why  Iwas hoping others who have seen this could chime in so maybe we could produce some short list of commonality to zero in on a possible cause.

Hi Bob,

FWIW I saw this yesterday using 8.1.0rc2 - like you I can't pin down exactly
what was going on but a breakpoint with a condition seemed to go missing.  If
it was a matter of adding code above (I don't think I did, but I can't swear I
didn't) wouldn't that just cause the breakpoint to shift rather than disappear?

I'll try to keep an eye open for it, but consider this a second straw in the
wind indicating that there's something awry somewhere...

Ben