What's everyone working on this month? (September 2016)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Sep 1 16:50:50 EDT 2016

On 9/1/2016 3:48 AM, Peter TB Brett wrote:
> What exciting LiveCode project(s) are you working on at the moment?
> Where can we find out more about them?  Have you run into any
> interesting problems (or solutions) that you'd like to share?

I'm working on lots of stuff right now (too much, actually.)

1. My long-term project that delivers university courseware dynamically
to students via AWS. The company offers many different full-semester
courses, with more in the pipeline. This is a fairly complicated system
that interacts with a remote gradebook, tracks student activity and
their scores, supports several types of multimedia, provides little
in-app games, and much more. Besides writing the code that actually runs
all the courses, I also needed to write automation software that allows
the company to build and update the courseware from hundres of files on
disk. Current problems are that the app can't load externals correctly
on some Windows machines. I have no solution yet. For most students the
app works well and is in use all over the U.S.

2. I'm also a team member for Brahmanathaswami's project to get the
entire Hinduism Today web site into Android and iOS apps. This is an
ambitious undertaking given the extent of their existing content. They
have a beautiful site: <http://www.hinduismtoday.com/> So far, no
particular problems outside of some bugs the LC team has corrected. The
app will support artwork, quotations, music, narration, and more. This
is fun stuff to work with. BR himself did much of the coding, I'm mostly
implementing the mobile port and some optimizations.

3. An upcoming project involving healthcare and RFID tags. I will need
LC help with an external for this one. I am currently researching
various possibilities for implementation.

4. Eventual update to AirLaunch, my utility that seamlessly creates test
iOS ipa packages directly from within LC. This one has to be on hold
while I work on the other things. Dropbox will be suspending some html
capabilities which could impact AirLaunch soon.

If I ever had time I'd also do some personal projects but that never
seems to happen.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com