How do I codesign an App?

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Wed Oct 26 09:09:33 EDT 2016

Isn't code signing platform specific? Meaning, don't you have to code
sign a OSX Standalone on OSX and code sign a Windows standalone on Windows?

I would eagerly second adding code signing to the IDE if it could be
done cross platform. I.e. if I develop under Windows, I could sign the
OSX and Windows standalones I build OR if I develop under OSX, I could
code sign BOTH the Windows and OSX standalones (with different
certificates of course)

I'd even chip in money to a Livecode Feature Exchange for this ability.

Currently, I develop under Windows, build a Windows and OSX standalones,
code sign the Windows standalone via the command line interface, move
the OSX standalone over to an OSX system and code sign it there via
AppWrapper (and I use AppWrapper because Apple code signing through
Xcode is way too complicated!) I'd love to be able to drop both
certificate files into a LiveCode folder and have it just sign for both
platforms.