Serving Videos with LC/iRev

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Nov 29 10:29:50 EST 2016

Stephen Barncard wrote:

 > On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 2:45 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >
 >> In most of my server systems I even keep stack files outside of
 >> the web root, served up with my CGI.  This keeps them safely away
 >> from spiders, and allows me to ensure authentication before access.
 >
 > thanks, Richard, to confirm this - the cgi thing of course appears
 > to still be the best way.

I don't understand: AFAIK with LiveCode Server, CGI is the only way it
can interface with web servers like Apache.

Is there another way?

 > Do you have a lesson or page that describes this method?
 > This topic comes up often.

Somehow I've missed that.

I just read the file and hand the file's data back to Apache.

What problems have people had with reading and returning binary data
with LiveCode Server?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems