JavaScript + LC HTML5 = LiveCode.js

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Fri Nov 25 21:16:23 EST 2016

On Nov 25, 2016 11:03 AM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
wrote:

> Roger Eller wrote:
>
> > Back when we had the RevWeb plugin, my browser based apps just worked.
>
> That's exactly where a standalone is every bit as valuable as Mark was
suggesting...........

> I can't say enough good things about LC's ability to run downloaded
stacks.  It's one of the most powerful features in the engine, and perhaps
the most under-appreciated.

> It's nearly everything you want with browser-based delivery, but able to
handle app designs that go far beyond the browser, with richer features and
optionally greater security as well.

> --
>  Richard Gaskin

So, since the days shortly following the death of our dear plugin, I have
re-factored all of my stacks to be delivered to a custom client exe.  I
even utilize LiveCode server.  It's a little symphony of code and
communication between standalone, stacks, and server scripts.

~Roger