loss of access to stacks after "save as"

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Nov 4 15:11:57 EDT 2016

If you save a stack with a new filename, then that changes it filename property.

Therefore when you subsequently reference the stack by its old filename (in the delete) it will load the old stackfile, thus triggering the process that occurs when you try to load a stack into memory when one with the same name already exists.

After the save as you don't need to delete the stack by its old filename, as the stack is already loaded (you just saved it!).

Generally I would recommend not using filenames to reference stacks except to load them - once in memory you are better off using just the (short) name.

Hope this helps!

Mark.

Sent from my iPhone