Fwd: LC / WordPress / CGI challenge

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Sun May 29 17:53:09 EDT 2016

Richard, actually you might be better off with Alex's suggestion of a WP
plugin.

iFrames in WP with .lc content work fine, but from within an iFrame I don't
think there is a way for your Livecode Server script to access WP's data on
the user/session and thence know whether a user has rated a particular film
once, never or  100 times.

If you work within the WP ecosystem a plugin should be able to access
relevant hooks to limit users use of your film ratings (depending on your
requirements - are these guests or logged in WP users...)

In the past I worked with Simon Smith to create a 'code bridge' with a
WooCommerce (within WP) transaction - and this continues to function nicely
- but it is a lot of work and until Todd's library to access the WP API
you're most likely better off working from within WP...

Kind regards

Dave

-----
Peter M. Brigham