Subject: Re: Infinite Livecode Pledge

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Tue May 24 15:46:54 EDT 2016

Hi,

With Kickstarter, the income from the crowdsource efforts are considered
sales incomes as there often are real benefits and products being traded
with the various transactions.

Make a donation of sorts and get a new prototype thingie, even if it is
only a promise of a thingie yet to be built in the weeks and months to come
-- well -- that is sales.

The nonprofit donations that are tax exempt are different in that there are
not any return benefits.

If you donate money to a foundation, you might get a thank you card,
nothing else.

I am not a tax expert. But I do work with a few nonprofit organizations.

I'm happy to see the new funds generated. The made stretch goals are
significant to many. That third one was less exciting, to me, and perhaps
others. Furthermore, I'm thrilled with the new pledge for tech ties to
WordPress. That is going to be HUGE. Woo! Woo $. (pun intended)

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark at Rauterkus.com