Reading Files

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon May 16 19:01:10 EDT 2016

JB wrote:

 > The reason why is because I
 > am reading a lot of files and
 > was wondering if it would be
 > faster to write a external to read
 > them.

LiveCode does offer a few different ways to read and write files, which
vary according by speed and features.  And of course there are many ways
to work with the data once it's read in, where usually more time is spent.

If you find something you're working on that seems like it might be
optimized feel free to post the code and we'll see what we can do.

FWIW this thread is long but worth reading - the OP had a process that
originally took more than 9 minutes and by the time several forum
regulars helped out with various optimizations the final form took only
a few milliseconds:
<http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24945>

--
  Richard Gaskin